Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Inside Out Board Game Tweeked for Counseling Use

I absolutely LOVE this Inside Out board game.  It is so well designed that the kids get excited when they see it.  I had to do some tweaking to make it work for counseling.  I simply colored in the circles to match the colors of the "islands".

Here is what I came up with:
Red - Friendship
Orange - Goofball
Purple - Imagination Land
Yellow - Family
Blue - Sports
Green - Honesty

I simply used the game as designed, but each space required the children to talk about how that island either fits the or doesn't fit them.  If it wasn't a fit for their personality, they had they told about what would fit them better.  This game gave a great platform for discussing core values.

This game also makes a great segue for another great therapy session - having them draw their own islands!  I'm looking forward to going there with some of my more artistic kids that I see.


No comments:

Post a Comment